Police Officer Recruits
Join Mesa Police Department Become a Recruit
It takes more than physical strength to be part of the Mesa Police Department. We are looking for morally sound, community-oriented, problem solvers from a variety of backgrounds. Starting salary is $62,418.72; with our top officers bringing home $88,058.88. We encourage professional growth with tuition reimbursement offered each year.
The Mesa Police Department is currently accepting applications for Police Officer Recruit!
Click here to apply today!
Police officer recruits hired with a Bachelors Degree will receive a $500.00 incentive upon completion of the field training officer program.
Police officer recruits hired with a Masters Degree will receive a $1000.00 incentive upon completion of the field training officer program.
Do you have what it takes? Qualifications
At least 21 years of age by graduation from Police Academy. No maximum age limit.
Requires graduation from high school or GED. Completion of college-level courses in criminal justice or military experience is desirable.
Undergo a complete background Investigation that meets the standards of AZPOST.
Applicants may NOT have been convicted of a felony or any offense that would be a felony if committed in Arizona. Applicants must not be under any indictment for any felony in any state or jurisdiction.
Applicants may not have been dishonorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces.
Due to the nature of the position, driving is required to perform the duties of a Police Officer. Factors which could prohibit a candidate from moving forward in the testing process include: Not have been convicted of or adjudged to have violated traffic regulations governing the movement of vehicles with a frequency within the past three years that indicates disrespect for traffic laws or a disregard for the safety of others on the highway.
Must possess an Arizona Class D driver's license by hire date. No license or registration suspensions within the last 3 years from the date of reinstatement from the suspension. No Accidents within the previous 36 months. No DUI conviction within the previous 36 months.
Applicant must be a United States citizen.
Undergo a complete medical examination that meets the standards of AZPOST.
|Visual Acuity 20/20-20/70||Acceptable||
|Visual Acuity 20/80-20/100||Acceptable with correction||
|Visual Acuity 20/200 or >20/200||Disqualified||
|Post Corrective Surgery||Acceptable with stability||
- Not have illegally sold, produced, cultivated or transported for sale marijuana.
- Not have used marijuana for any purpose within the past two (2) years.
- Not have illegally used marijuana other than for experimentation.
- Not have illegally sold, produced, cultivated or transported for sale a dangerous drug or narcotic.
- Not have illegally used a dangerous drug or narcotic, other than marijuana, for any purpose within the past seven years.
- Not have illegally used a dangerous drug or narcotic other than for experimentation.
- Not have a pattern of abuse of prescription medication.
- No unauthorized steroid use within last three (3) years. No usage of Adderall, without a prescription within the past three (3) years.
The illegal use of a dangerous drug or narcotic, is presumed to be not for experimentation if:
- The use of any dangerous drug or narcotic, other than marijuana, in any combination exceeds a total of 5 times, or exceeds 1 time since the age of 21 years.
Please refer to AZ Peace Officer Standards for further details.